Botox is a medicinal drug healthcare professionals have used for several years to treat facial creases and wrinkles. Botox is also a brand name for a toxin manufactured by Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium in most natural settings, such as forests, lakes, soil, and intestinal tracts of fish and mammals. Generally, C. botulinum bacterium is harmless, but problems arise when the bacteria begin to produce Botulinum toxin, a deadly neurotoxin that could kill more than one million people. However, when Botox is properly used for therapeutic purposes, it is often accompanied by several benefits, such as eliminating age-related skin problems. In this guide, we will advise you why you should consider Botox Downey.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox is a neurotoxin that specifically targets your nervous system, blocking the nerve from stimulating muscle contraction. Your body muscles usually contract when the nerves release acetylcholine, a chemical messenger at the junction where muscle cells and nerve endings meet. Botox injections work by preventing the release of acetylcholine, which prevents the contraction of muscle cells. In this way, the neurotoxin helps your body muscles become less stiff, making wrinkles soften and relax. Botox injections commonly treat lines around the eye (crow’s feet), frown, and forehead. Apart from its wide array of medical and cosmetic uses, Botox injections have been approved as a reliable treatment for several health complications, including bladder disorders, excessive sweating, migraine, and eyelid spasms. It should be noted that Botox injections can not help treat any wrinkles caused by gravity or sun damage.
What Are Some of the Botox Uses?
As mentioned earlier, Botox injections lock the transmission of chemical signals from the nerves, preventing your body muscles from contracting. The most common use of Botox injection is to temporarily relax your facial muscles to prevent the formation of wrinkles. Furthermore, these injections can be used to treat conditions such as:
· Lazy eye. A lazy eye is usually caused by an imbalance in the muscles responsible for eye positioning.
· Hyperhidrosis. This condition is where your body sweats excessively even if the room temperature is not that hot and you are not doing any exercise.
· Bladder dysfunction. Botox injection can help solve urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder.
· Cervical dystonia. This is a condition where your neck muscles contract, causing your head to turn or twist into an abnormal position.
· Chronic migraine. Botox injections can help reduce the number of migraines you experience within a specified period.
· Eye twitching. Botox injections can relieve twitching or contraction of muscles around the eye.
· Muscle contractures. Cerebral palsy is one of the neurological conditions that can cause your limbs to pull in towards the center due to the contraction of muscles.
How Is a Botox Procedure Done?
Botox procedures usually take a few minutes, and you will not need anesthesia. During the procedure, the doctor will use a small needle to inject Botox into the targeted muscles. The effects of Botox Injections usually take about 7-14 days to take full effect and can last for 3-12months, depending on the Botox treatment. After six months, your muscles contract again, resulting in facial lines and wrinkles. After the procedure, your doctor will advise you not to take alcohol, anti-inflammatory medications, and aspirin. Botox injections are not suitable for people who are breastfeeding, pregnant, or if they are prone to allergic reactions to the drug.
At Younger World, Med Spa is a state-of-the-art medical spa in San Gabriel, California, and Downey, California. Led by physician David Gutkin and the well-skilled team of medical professionals guarantees to meet and exceed your Botox results expectations. Please book an appointment with us or call our offices at 562-685-8424.